Google Code-In and the Handbook

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:43:58 CET 2010

Hi all, I backed into Google Code-In as a mentor, hoping to get a
student to write one article for the Insider about the APG (which
makes my brain hurt), and if I was very lucky, a Handbook entry as
well. All of a sudden, students were swarming all over our Handbook,
wanting to write sections for us!

Please look over their work so far, and edit anything you see which
needs improvement, that I missed in my haste:

Daniel Marth:
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/SearchInCollection
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/TagEditor

Sasu Karttunen:
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/CoverManager

Caleb:
http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/AmarokMenu

Salma Sultana:
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/ViewMenu

Also, rfw wrote a very nice page,
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/Playlist -
unfortunately it wasn't the one I assigned. However, I'd like to move
this up to near the top of the Handbook, because I now see a weakness
in our proposed organization. We have the Quick Start Guide, which
covers all of Amarok for beginners.

Then we have lots of in-depth subjects. I think we need a few
top-level pages about each of the panes. Rfw's page would fit up
there, as the Playlist pane. Please look at it and tell me what you
think.

I'd like to move it soon, and re-write the original task, along with a
few others. Our Handbook *could be done by the end of the year!* Which
was my original plan, but it had gotten a bit bogged down, until now.

Please take a moment to look at our students' work, and tell me what you think.

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez