Done!

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 23:36:26 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM, pete daniels
<pete at guerrillatechsupport.com> wrote:
> On Friday 20 August 2010 19:17:14 Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
>> Team,
>>
>> Unless one of you comes up with something, I'm done, and have handed
>> it off to the KDE-WWW team. They will be adding tags for the
>> translation team tomorrow.
>>
>> So last chance to get your oar in the water -- PLEASE REMEMBER TO
>> CHECK INTO #ROKYMOTION BEFORE YOU EDIT!!! Mamarok and I have both had
>> our edits locked out when someone was editing -- and we don't know who
>> it was. All's well that ends well, but don't make someone else's work
>> more difficult.
>>
>> Thanks again for all you've done!
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> PS: Added a little section on streaming and podcasts, which seemed to be
>> needed.
> Hey everybody-
> Damn it's been a hectic couple days for me, but I do plan to get the last of
> the screenshots up today. I'll stop in at the IRC channel before I dig in,
> it'll be later in the day, but I'm taking screenshots as we speak, and I'll
> check out the new section and see about putting a couple in there too.
>
> One thing I've been wanting to do (free software purist that I am) is go
> through it quick and see if every instance of the word "iPod" is really
> necessary and appropriate. There are obviously some instances where it is, but
> I don't like perpetuating the meme that iPod is a synonym for "digital music
> device." I'll see if there's any excess verbiage I can trim while I'm in there
> too, but it'll be little stuff, a word here, a word there. Reading through it I
> think it's looking pretty good.
>
> Way to go, everybody!
>
> -p.

We were struck by the over-use of "iPod" also. So hopefully all but a
couple have been removed. I'm so, so happy! And have already written
an article for the Insider. I'll be putting up that page for us all to
add to today.

Valorie
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .