Done editing for the night

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:31:58 CEST 2010

Pete, Mamarok and I have been coordinating editing #rokymotion, and it
has worked well. Now that the Quick Start Guide is properly organized,
we can work on it in tandem, as long as we are in different major
sections.

I've gone through and taken out all the HTML I see, and put in the
proper wiki markup. If you see anything I missed, or did incorrectly,
please feel free to fix! There are a couple of internal links which
need doing, i just didn't have the brainpower to figure that out
tonight.

We are still missing quite a few images. And one is a bit problematic,
pretty as it is, because of the moodbar. I would like to save that for
the full handbook, where we can go into detail. Beginners won't have
mood files, so they shouldn't see this screenie!

I'm feeling very good about the text now. I've cut, cut, cut, and
hopefully everything still makes sense. Please fix any typos you see!

Can we finish this by the end of today? I hope, hope, hope. And get to
work on a little Amarok Insider. Please be thinking of short article
ideas, and start writing!

Mamarok and I are discussing the structure of the Handbook as a whole,
which we both think should be laid out pretty much as the QSG is,
basically. Of course, we can then go into detail about Search/sort,
Playlists, Podcasts, Scripts, custom configuration, remote collections
-- all the stuff we had to leave out.

Valorie

PS: http://userbase.kde.org/Help:Editing and
http://userbase.kde.org/Typographical_Guidelines are the Bible right
now!

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .