Ready to move Quick Start Guide

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:09:43 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 11:41, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We are ready to move the Quick Start Guide to UserBase. However, there
>> is already a page/section called Amarok, and that should stay until
>> this one is moved/all links/images fixed, etc.
>
> I think this one should stay, independent of the manual as a general
> intro/overview.
>
>> So where shall we put it? Lydia, any guidance?
>>
>> I'll move it first thing tomorrow/as soon as I get an approved location.
>
> [12:18:12] <Nightrose> annew: we're about ready with the amarok manual
> to be put into userbase
> [12:18:20] <Nightrose> can you tell me where it should go exactly?
> [12:18:58] <annew> sec
> [12:20:03] <annew> ok, /Amarok/Manual, then /Amarok/Manual/Chapter_whatever but
> [12:20:21] <annew> the /Amarok/Manual page needs to be a hand-crafted
> index to the other pages
> [12:20:33] <Nightrose> alright thx
> [12:20:36] <Nightrose> will forward
> [12:20:47] <Nightrose> moving there should start happening over the
> weekend i think
> [12:21:10] <annew> ok, there is a page Tasks_and_Tools with some
> general guidelines
> [12:21:25] <Nightrose> ok
> [12:21:26] <annew> then more details on the linked
> http://userbase.kde.org/WriteManuals
> [12:22:20] <annew> I'll be away most of next week, but neverendingo
> probably can answer most questions
>
> Cheers and thanks for getting it moving :)
> Lydia

Thanks Lydia! At first glance I was wishing that I'd seen this
earlier, but I think we are OK with having the Quick Start Guide be
where it is, on its own page for now.

Starting in Gdocs was such a pain -- I will set up the /Manual/Chapter
system when we decide on a structure, and then we'll get to work! IN
the wiki, not googledocs.

First, we'll finish perfecting the QS, and perhaps whip out a small
Amarok Insider.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with this great team, and on
behalf of such fine software, and the work of those who are building
it. And it feels GREAT to see progress!

Thanks, team!

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .