extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/images

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 19:55:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Pierre-Luc Auclair
> Le mardi, 31 mars 2009 05:57:29, Leonardo Franchi a écrit :
>> I think "rediscover music" sounds more forced and awkward than "rediscover
>> your music", personally. i do agree that the meaning might be more in line
>> with our goals for amarok 2, but a slogan really should be catchy and
>> smooth, and "rediscover your music" to me definitely fits that better.
>>
>> leo
>
> And I think it sounds less forced and awkward than "rediscover your music".
>
> I do agree with Lydia and I believe it fits better the goals of Amarok 2. The
> "your" is too inclusive, whereas A2 is trying to open up more to new sources
> of content.
>
> About catchiness, none really has a clear advantage in terms of impact.
> Rediscover music has the advantage of being sorter, and broader, and I think
> this alone gives it more merit.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what I had meant to prevent with
my original mail: Turning this into an endless bikeshedding
discussion, with no result on the horizon. Questions like these cannot
be sensibly decided by discussing or voting; someone should decide it
and then we all get over with it.

For the sake of simplicity, I will now make a decision: _We will stay
with our old slogan for now_

You may now see the wisdom in what I did and just give it a rest, or
protest and march and discuss until the end of time. The choice is
yours.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer