extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/images

Leonardo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 11:57:29 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 08:13:11 Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 March 2009 09:05:48 Seb Ruiz wrote:

> > >  You are saying this after understanding how much Amarok 2 helps with
> > > finding /new/ music, so that you're no longer rediscovering your own
> > > music collection any longer as much as rediscovering music completely,
> > > yeah? Just making sure the arguments are being understood :) (and yup,
> > > i understand that we've had this slogan for a while, but conservatism
> > > has hardly been what Amarok 2 has been about, really ;) )
> >
> > Yes, I understand it. You'll just have to trust me that I am not a dim
> > witted fool.
>
> Seriously? Dude, i always thought you were, like, really thick or
> something!;)
>
> > For me it comes down to the fact that the old slogan has a great ring
> > to it, whilst the new one doesn't (sounds abrupt etc).
>
>   Well, i think the new one works full well like that too, really, but that
> may simply be because the Danish language is slightly harsher than English.

I think "rediscover music" sounds more forced and awkward than "rediscover
your music", personally. i do agree that the meaning might be more in line
with our goals for amarok 2, but a slogan really should be catchy and smooth,
and "rediscover your music" to me definitely fits that better.

leo

--
-----
lfranchi at kde.org		Tufts  University 2010