Amarok 2.0 beta 3 announcement

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 18:18:01 CET 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Sven Krohlas <sven at asbest-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> hmmm... I just got a link to a google docs page that I wrote some
>> stuff on before reading the message about the wiki page, so I assumed
>> that all the usual suspects had been invited...

Nothing wrong there Nikolaj. Thanks for your work and everyone else
who worked on it so far.
Looking good.

> Not me, the first time I heard about that Doc was in this thread.

That is because Kuba started it only then.

> That's the problem I'm talking about: Google Docs is for closed
> user groups. But we are an open project with very high fluctuation
> regarding participating people. And you have to invite all of them.

None of them are helping with release notes. The usual suspects have
all been invited. No harm done.

> We had that when Nightrose was away. Sebr wrote an announcement for
> the dot, markey did so, too. Both were submitted. This can only happen
> when we are not open enough.

No! This can only happen when people don't listen and comunicate. I
prepared everything and told people where to find it. This was clearly
a communication issue between Mark and Seb. Not a problem of where the
stuff was at all.

> The Wiki has an recent changes RSS feed. So everyone who might want
> to contribute can see when we start something. And everyone sees what
> work has already been done, what changes have been made.

An email to this list does the same.

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager