Business Cards (was: FOSDEM, name tags)

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 14:51:06 CET 2008

Well, yeah, no, something.

The thing is: we don't entitle persons to speak for the project, the
project speaks as the project period

Mostly, when someone from Amarok wants further contact on something,
he would redirect the contacting person to the mailing list or the IRC
channel. Last I checked we only did P2P communication for really
secret, really OT stuff, or such where the other person doesn't
necessarily want to use IRC/Mailing lists.

This cuts the use of persona specific business cards by a quite big
part (90% IMO).

As for the other 10% - we mostly visit B2C events and really, none
would ever starts personal support offers for someone met at LinuxTag,
cuts again 5%. So there is this 5% usecase where one of the developers
would attend a B2B event to meet non-geeks and maybe start a
cooperation with Microsoft, where it is approriate to have personal
business cards.

.... I really shouldn't reason. What I am trying to say: this is
really only necessary when BCs are needed (i.e. someone attends a B2B
event). However it might be reasonable to create generic "BCs" with
support information (website, forum url, irc, list), it happens quite
often that somone wants support but we are unable to give that right
away (lotz of visitors or just missing knowledge).