FOSDEM, name tags

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Feb 26 21:05:29 CET 2008

Heya,

first of all big thanks to Rokymotion for organizing everything Amarok
related so smoothly @ FOSDEM :)

One thing that crossed my mind: For FROSCON someone had printed these
really nice name tags for each Amarok teamster. Unfortunately, many of
us either forgot their tags at home (like stupid me), or didn't have
tags at all. Which was a bit of a shame, since I think it's really
helpful for telling people apart and getting a conversation started.

I talked to Myriam about this (she's also in the FSFE), and she said
the same thing always happened to them, and so they decided to simply
print new tags (and bring the plastic containers) for each event. This
way they ensure that every teamster has a tag.

I realize this might would be a bit of extra work, but I think it
would be really cool if we could handle it like this too. What do you
think? :)

--
Mark