Promotion Page

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at getamarok.com
Sun Aug 31 00:15:25 CEST 2008

Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 18:54, Daniel Ziltener <dziltener at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I want to create an interactive promotion page for Amarok 2 containing
>> Infos,
>> Features, Screenshots, Links and the Download.
>> I want to do this because Amarok 2 will be released for Linux, Windows and
>> MacOS. With the release on Windows there are a huge number of new potential
>> users, and I want to help you promoting the software.
>> I'll create this page this fall and I'll try to release it at the same time
>> as Amarok 2.
>> So it would be great if you could support me with graphics used in the new
>> Amarok 2 (or can I download them somewhere?) and, later, of course with some
>> other things.
>> The page won't be a replacement for any other page, including this one. It
>> will be an extension for end-users which want to inform themselves about the
>> new player.
>>
>> zilti
>>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> this sounds like a great idea.
> However I would rather see you help us by contributing directly to our
> promo team. We are currently a little short on people to help with
> that so it would be very much appreciated. We can use every help with
> promoting Amarok 2 and a uniform campaign would be a lot better than a
> few half done attempts.
>
> I am away visiting family until Wednesday. After that we can meet on
> IRC and talk about it. Or we can do it via email.
>
> What do you think?
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Hello from me as well.

I agree with you and Lydia both: interactive promotion++, one uniform
campaign++. If you want, you can help me set up the new Amarok web site
which could include a interactive promotion section.

You can join us at #rokymotion on irc.freenode.net. I will be online
every day for at least a while and will reply quickly for messages
received when I've been away.

I'm open for conversation any time and looking forward seeing you,

--
Pasi Lallinaho // emunkki
Rokymoter, web designer, graphic artist
pasi at getamarok.com