Faster server for insanity

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Sep 18 20:43:53 CEST 2007

Heya,

we're currently hitting some performance issues with the insanity bot
on freenode. Some of the issues might be programming related (we've
been trying to figure out the problem for a while now), but then the
bot also does *a lot* of tasks now for many channels and projects
(which is great I think).

The hardware is still a PIII 800mhz running in oggy's attic, and Ruby
1.x isn't the fastest of programming languages. So it would be good if
we could find a faster server. Finding a new server for it shouldn't
be so difficult - I remember that one user (the name of which escapes
me) had already offered one. It would just need to be be fast (well
reasonably modern) and reliable.

I don't think we need to make this a major topic (no digg article
needed;), but let's try to find another server by asking users on IRC
or so, if possible.

--
Mark