"Evolution of Amarok" Timeline/Slideshow

Harald Sitter harald at getamarok.com
Wed Aug 1 08:50:02 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 03:04:37 Tyson Key wrote:
> Ian Monroe wrote:
> > That would be kind of fun. It would take someone with a spare
> > computer or vmware probably, since installing old Amarok on a new
> > distro would be hard probably.
> >
> > On 7/31/07, Tyson Key <tyson.key at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi, I've recently came up with a little idea for the Amarok
> >> website, or potentially at http://amarok.kde.org/history, namely
> >> that of a slideshow or timeline with screenshots showing the
> >> changes made between each release of Amarok (from the very first
> >> version, right through to the new 2.x series). Anyone else
> >> interested? Thanks.

> Hi, any ideas about which distributions and versions would be suitable
> for running older versions of Amarok?
> I have a copy of VMware, and would probably spend some time looking
> for older distros to run it on.
> Thanks.

I'm in a meeting for a couple of hours, meanwhile my machine is going to
emulate a debian installation. ...something lets me think, that KDE 3.3 as
shipped with Debian Sarge might be quite suitable for 0.5 -> 1.4.

Also I did some thinking... and came to the opinion, that it might be a good
idea to make a shot with hot new crap of a new cycle's beginning (e.g. 1.3.0)
as well as the cycle end (e.g. 1.3.8).

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald at getamarok.com