Preparation for liveCD 1.4

Samuel Baldwin shardz4217 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 23:09:09 CEST 2006

> Something I hate about the artwork of aLive 1.3 is that it so crowded,
with
> sponsering notes to anyone who provided anything - just gcc was missing
for
> providing the compiler to build the pclos distro.
> So maybe create an html page loading at start with information about
amaroK
> Live 1.4 and the "sponsers" who helped us to make 1.4 be really awesome.

I dabble in HTML as well. That'd be a piece of cake. I just need someone to
compile a list of people who helped out, and someone to write the text with
the start information (I hate writing in English).

> > 3. kde splash
> > 4. wallpaper
> > 5. kde logout

> shardz already had some ideas, well he is a pixel artist ;-) - BUT all
images
> should be branded, from start till shut down, the user has to know that he
is
> using _the_ amaroK Live CD featuring _the_ amaroK media player
> So using konqui on the images only makes sense if it goes well with either
the
> amaroK icon or the logo.

Yeah, well. I'm thinking of a modified Konqui with subtle (or blaring)
amaroK aspects. I can't recall at the moment what ideas I had for 3 and 5.

> For wallpaper I'd personally like to see a photo of untouched nature ;-),
so
> something calming down (releaxing stuff, you know) with just a very very
very
> transparent amaroK logo somewhere in the corner.

As far as wallpaper, the images I have are mostly of military grade planes
(I'm joining the USMC when I finish school btw.) With a lighter area at the
bottom/top with "Fast Forward" on the right (with the >> sign for the O) and
on the left is the basic amaroK text (with the wolf for the O), and the
numbers 1.4.1 to the immediate right of this. I was hoping to have one of
these used for the release pic for 1.4.1. However, since you said "relaxing"
I'm not entirely sure fighter jets is what we are looking for :)  . I can
whip up something else if anyone has any ideas. I've already got a
transparent amaroK logo on hand. (I think anyways, I can make one no
problem, just a matter of utilizing the eraser on 75% percent :P). I also
need to know what font was used... anyone know?

As far as music... I already made that post about recording stuff. But if we
want music that we didn't make, all I can think of right now is Nirvana...
maybe Creed. And definately some oldies. The way I see it, those are good
rock bands. (I can come up with a trillion more suggestions in an instant if
we want, I listen to alot of music, and I live with a huge musicall
enthusiast.)

That's it for now. (like my short novel? lol).

--
Samuel

300GB Hardrive from Newegg.com: $115
32" HD LCD TV/PC Monitor: $1, 199.99