the image issue & the news issue

Harald Sitter harald.sitter at kdemail.net
Sat Aug 5 21:31:37 CEST 2006

#################
We _have to_ use images to clearly show a link to get the download. Latest
1.4.2-beta1 got such a very big download button. And as of now >1000 clicks
have been watched on it. 1.4.1 (which is considerable stable version) got no
more than 500 with it's link in the news it self.

So: note for feature version to use big, very big, unbeliable big download
buttons.
#################
Today I pulled the Amarok Live news out - it was hell, really.
I think the artcles have been online for edition for about 2 months - and as
of now we noticed 4 issues. That's a no go for me. If we have a page online
and linked various times (see last three promo updates and #rokymotion) I
asume everyone to had a look into it. Thoose pages aren't too long that one
can't read it in some minutes and fix little issues (as that's what they
were).

So: God damn read the issues and watch the wiki for changes.

Talking about wiki changes:
http://rokymotion.pwsp.net/promowiki/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&days=30
Last 30 days _3_ people did editing - and guess how much of them are native
english speakers....

I'm again quit upset :|

After 1.4.2 I gotta start preperation on a call for various people
(promoters - as the current one are kinda not doing anything :(, artists - as
we have... 1? - coders and web designers, people with servers...)

Harald Sitter      roKymotion team         harald.sitter at kdemail.net
amarok.kde.org     rokymotion.pwsp.net     apachelogger at kdetalk.net