Log files

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Feb 13 20:15:48 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hm, apparently somebody erased this mail from the moderation queue
> while it is perfectly legit:

It wasn't erased from the moderation queue - I'd suggest checking your
spam folder.

They sent the mail from a @yahoo.com address, but the Amarok developer
mailing list is set to attach a footer to messages and thus modifies
the message - breaking the DKIM authentication signature. This causes
a DMARC validation failure, and per Yahoo's domain policy sends the
email straight to the spam folder if you are using GMail, and in the
case of other providers, gets the mail bounced.

The solution to this is to stop modifying messages - ie. don't attach a footer.

Regards,
Ben