Log files

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Feb 13 14:05:50 UTC 2016

Hi Bernd,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Bernd Wechner <bwechner at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I start Amarok I get a number of failed connection messages in the
> bottom right corner pop up. Not particularly well rendered nor easy to use
> as they pop up and go away. Can I see these messages in a log file anywhere
> as they identify sites it's trying to connect to, perhaps scripts I have,
> and I'd like to be abvle to read the error at leisure and test the
> connection. Alas look as I might I have failed to find an Amarok log file.

There is no log file by default as it could get extremely huge and is
usually not helpful for most purposes to the users, but you can very
easily create one by starting amarok in debug mode in a konsole and
redirect this to a text file. Just start amarok in a konsole with

amarok -d --nofork > amarok.log

I suggest you close amarok once the error messages are gone, else this
file will get really huge :-)

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org