Help wanted to evolve KDEs music players

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Thu Jul 30 13:06:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 2015-07-30 14:08, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Why a new one? Aren´t none of the existing ones in a state that they can´t be
> evolved into what you envision?

> There is already Amarok, JuK, Bangarang, Clementine, Plasma Media Center and
> you name it. As a user I am confused. Which do I use? Well for me I started
> with Amarok and I really do like it a lot, just want to see it modernized
> instead of looking at all the others to find out which new one to use.

At the moment the only thing we have is a design vision. Of course this
vision replaces most of the things that JuK and Bangarang does. Also
Andrew Lake is the Creator of Bangarang and he is the one who started
the UI mockups & vision development, so you can see it as a replacement
of Bangarang (probably with a new name). JuK has a simillar feature set
than what is planned, but I don't know in what shape the codebase is.

Stefan