Bug 184325 - amarok wish: fetch lyrics from the ID3 lyrics tag

Be be.0 at gmx.com
Wed Jan 28 03:40:11 UTC 2015

On 01/05/2015 08:39 AM, Anmol Ahuja wrote:
> As of current git, the scripting interface exposes lyrics tags with
> other embedded metadata, and the default lyrics script already reads
> and writes lyrics to tracks' lyrics tags.

This does not work for me. Inserting Amarok.debug(embeddedLyrics); in
this function in the Lyricwiki script prints an empty line in the
debugging output even if there is a lyrics tag in the file and there are
lyrics in Amarok's database.

function readEmbeddedLyrics()
{
    var track = Amarok.Engine.currentTrack();
    var embeddedLyrics = track.tags["lyrics"];
    if( embeddedLyrics != undefined && embeddedLyrics !== "" )
    {
        Amarok.debug( "Using embedded lyrics for track \"" + track.title
+ "\"" );
        Amarok.Lyrics.showLyricsHtml( embeddedLyrics );
        return true;
    }
    return false;
}