Bug 184325 - amarok wish: fetch lyrics from the ID3 lyrics tag

Anmol Ahuja anmolan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:39:40 UTC 2015

> Hello all!

Hello :)

> I'm new contributor to amarok, my question is could I implement it? This
is amarok wish. I have found all classes responsibles for represent track.
Will be nice if someone could help me to implement it. I need only some
general hints. I wonder that should I add to all interface field and
methods responsible for lyrcis as title/author. I'm not sure how can I get
lycris from id3 lyrcis tag. I should write some script to get it but can I
get some similar example for example how can I get title. I'm sorry that is
so much question but also no implementation/technic documentation.

As of current git, the scripting interface exposes lyrics tags with other
embedded metadata, and the default lyrics script already reads and writes
lyrics to tracks' lyrics tags.

I didn't close this wish because one of the commenters asks for Amarok to
read multiple lyrics in ID3, while right now it just reads the first one.

"and btw, for the brave person implementing the wish: please remember that
there can be several lyrics fields in the tag, in different languages (as
can be seen on the screenshot). please don't follow itunes way of showing
only one of them."

The current developers decided multi lyrics are too niche a feature to
bother implementing. So instead, you could work on making the rest of
Amarok aware of the lyrics tags.

--
Regards,
Anmol Ahuja