Participation in SoK

vedant agarwala vedant.kota at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:04:10 UTC 2014

Hello Nitul,

Happy Diwali to you too!

I was unable to contact the senior developers of Amarok so I didn't get
back to you.

Anyway, are you comfortable with the idea?

Also, I was thinking of another idea: Wireless media transfer using KDE
Connect. Amarok supports transferring of media when connected via MTP (i.e.
generally over a USB). Also, KDE connect links Amarok and an Android device
so that the android device behaves as a remote control. I was wondering if
it would be possible to add a feature to transfer songs using KDE connect?
Then songs could be transferred wirelessly.

But this would be a little more complex to handle as you would have to work
with two projects. If you relate more to this idea you can check it out or
we can work what we have discussed earlier. Unless you have anything else
in mind.

Take some time to research and decide and get back to me. I will add the
idea to the idea page.

Also, I assume you are hanging out at #amarok.dev #kde-soc on IRC, and you
went through http://heenamahour.blogspot.in/2014/10/season-of-kde-2014.html

Regards,
Vedant.