Information regarding bug 300979

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jan 28 13:03:36 UTC 2014

Hi Gagan Batra,

Removing all non-relevant mailing lists, please do NOT crosspost, this
is frowned upon.

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Gagan Batra <g.batra24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Gagan Batra and I am pursuing B.Tech degree specializing in
> Computer Science from Maharshi Dayanand University. I would like to
> contribute to Amarok in GSoC 14.
> I have been studying the Amarok's documentation and source code. I wish to
> start with the bug 300979. I would like to know whether I can start working
> on this bug. I would be very grateful for some feedback.
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration.

Did you actually read the feature request and did you read comment #10
in particular? Since there is nothing in reviewboard abut this yet,
despite several people having expressed willingness to work on this,
just go ahead.

In general: a bug or feature request marked as a JJ is really easy, so
you should not need any guidance if you are indeed a software
developer, you should therefore be able to find all the necessary
information in the various documentation.

I also strongly recommend reading the devel-mailinglist archive, it
contains enough information to get you started.

An indispensable read is of course the mandatory documentation linked
to from http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Join

I personally also recommend reading my blog about the subject:
http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2013/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-summer-of-code-student/

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org