GSoc'14 Aspirant here

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Jan 17 17:37:29 UTC 2014

Hi Animesh,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Animesh Ramesh <animeshramesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I am Animesh, a 2nd year CS Student at M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology,
> Bangalore, India. I am a keen GSoc'14 aspirant and would love to contribute
> to Amarok as my GSoc Project.
>
> I was really interested in Bug 296049 and I submitted a basic patch last
> night on the review board. I would really love the inputs as this was my
> first open source contribution. I've tried my level best to adhere to the
> guidelines mentioned in the HACKING directory. :-)
>
> I should have probably discussed the implementation of MediaArt Storage in
> detail on this mailing list before I started coding. (Realised this quite
> late) Nevertheless, I've added the accomplished and pending sub-tasks in the
> description of the patch.

Nice to see you already provided a patch, please give the developers a
few days to review it.

In the mean time, please make sure you read all the documentation linked to from
http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Join if you haven't done
so already and subscribe to the mailing list

Regards, Myriam

PS. Also a recommended read is my blog post about GSoC:
http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2013/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-summer-of-code-student/

http://www.fsfe.org