Interested to participate in GSoC'14 [Amarok]

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon Jan 13 12:12:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Avik Pal <avikpal.me at gmail.com> wrote:
>      Thanks Myriam. Actually I was looking for some new developments of
> amarok that may turn up as a GSoC project idea. Just to have an idea
> regarding the components which can be given a focus in GSoC will be of much
> help, with the declaration of the project ideas being still weeks away I
> would like to know about the ideas that the community/ developers think
> should be a GSoC project.

I am afraid but that is not how it works. We will only consider
students for an eventual GSoC participation who have already
contributed to Amarok and are familiar with the code base, and where
we have an idea about their coding skills. We get several dozens of
applications each year and will only work people who integrate well
with the project. The goal of GSoC is not you getting a lot of money
for some summer work, but for Free Software projects to get new
contributors. It is a lot of work for the mentors, so we choose
carefully.

So please, subscribe to the mailing list first, it is tiresome to
always have to get your mails form the moderation queue.

Also please, do NOT top-post on a mailing list unless it is explicitly
required, as it makes following a discussion annoying.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org