Interested to participate in GSoC'14 [Amarok]

Avik Pal avikpal.me at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 10:20:35 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm Avik, a bachelor CS student from Bengal Engineering & Science
University,Shibpur.

I have been going through the Amarok source code for some time now(also the
project wiki) and have already built it.

A little about myself(you may wanna skip this)
I have about 4 years of programming experience(C/C++).I successfully
participated in *Season of KDE'13* and contributed to the KDE edu project
Pairs. My team qualified for the ACM-ICPC 2012 Regionals(only team selected
from my university in that region). I have also contributed to Mozilla and
Open motion planning.

I'm hoping to participate in GSoC since while I'm an avid open-source
enthusiast, I haven't had any chance in contributing to something this big
before and it's about time to fix that.You can find some of my toy projects
at https://github.com/avikpal

Amarok is a large project with several components, the fact that the GSoC
student ideas to get released is still some time away makes it a bit
difficult for me to go through the codes regarding that component within
the small time frame(I would like to have a good look at the code before I
prepare my proposal etc.). Can you please mention what may be the
component(s) that I should take a look at to have a good chance at this
year's GSoC.

I will be accessible by email and through IRC (nick avikp at freenode).

Regards,

Avik Pal
Bengal Engineering & Science University,Shibpur
Github:https://github.com/avikpal
IRC:- irc://freenode/avikp,isnick