SoK Project Query

vedant agarwala vedant.kota at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 06:03:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Nitul Datt <nitul1991 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Vedant,
>
> I have fixed all the build errors and updated my diff. I imported some
> code from the CueFileSupport class into the CueSheet class in the
> collectionscanner. Now I don't have to include any class from /src
> into /shared, thereby allowing the collectionscanner to be a unique
> identity.
>
> I tried out the collectionscanner on a cuesheet file and it says that
> that the FileTypeResolver does not recognise it as a valid amarok
> supported filetype.
> The exact output may be found at:
>
> http://goo.gl/TyCegT

couldn't really understand much of this.

> My implementation idea, as per our previous discussions, is that for
> any file with an associated cue sheet, the collectionscanner will
> create a CueSheet object with information for each track. This will
> then be written out as an xml stream.
> The xml stream will then be parsed and invidual tracks with bounded
> playback capability will be generated when the file is played.
>
> The collectionscanner on encountering a file uses the FileTypeResolver
> class to check if the given file is supported by the player. It uses
> taglib for this. The thing is, taglib, to my knowledge, does not
> define a filetype for cue sheet files. What would be the best way
> around this?

First check if any updated library has support for CUE sheets. I think
there was some other music player's code that you were pirating to
implement the feature. See how it does this.

You probably want to change FileTypeResolver and check whether the file is
a CueSheet. If taglib provides the feature, use it (and bump up the
dependency version), otherwise skip taglib and use a custom class.
If you do use a custom class, do not try to code it yourself, as this would
be non trivial. Try and find code and copy it.

Regards,
Vedant.