Added support for Visualizations using VSXu

Konrad Zemek konrad.zemek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 12:15:51 UTC 2013

On 12.09.2013 19:14, Dinesh wrote:
> Hey Konrad,
>
> We have merged the Amarok Fixes branch into VSXu master. And the patch
> for the problem with the FindVSXu.cmake is in VSXu master now. (It was
> a broken libvsxu.pc file).
>

> As for the blank visualizer applet, I still cannot reproduce the
> problem on my machine. But I have pushed one more change to the vsxu
> branch of my amarok clone. Could you try that out? Its a tiny fix, but
> it got the plugin working for someone else:
>
> git://anongit.kde.org/clones/amarok/dineshm/amarok-vsxu.git
>
> This is the commit:
> commit d8fe2a363562f91fe89964847e0cc15cf9dc19e4
>  VSXuRenderer: Calling glViewport() for every frame

Hey,

Sorry about the delay, I'm really busy right now. First thing I want to
note is that without changing the FindVSXu.cmake I still get following
output while running CMake:

-- checking for module 'libvsxu'
--   package 'libvsxu' not found
-- VSXU_ENGINE_LIBRARY: /home/konrad/kde/lib/libvsxu_engine.so
-- VSXU_ENGINE_GRAPHICS_LIBRARY:
/home/konrad/kde/lib/libvsxu_engine_graphics.so
-- VSXU_ENGINE_AUDIOVISUAL_LIBRARY:
/home/konrad/kde/lib/libvsxu_engine_audiovisual.so
-- VSXU_INCLUDE_DIRS: VSXU_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND

...where VSXu is installed under "/home/konrad/kde" prefix, and the same
prefix is set for the Amarok build (and which is registered with KDE and
all the right places). The VSXu installed is build from amarok-fixes
branch. I'm not using pkg-config output and relying on other given hints
- which should be good enough. I had to make following change
FindVSXu.cmake to make it work:

  find_path (VSXU_INCLUDE_DIRS
      NAMES
-    vsxu_platform.h
+    vsx_platform.h
      PATHS
      ${VSXU_INCLUDE_DIRS}
-    ${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR}
+    ${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR}/vsxu
      ${KDE4_INCLUDE_DIR}
  )

Moreover, the vsx_* headers (and Amarok's visualizer, e.g. in
VSXuRenderer.cpp) assume that all of VSXu include directories are
directly in the include path.
"include/vsxu/engine_audiovisual/vsx_engine.h" includes <vsx_string.h>,
which is placed under "include/vsxu/engine/" . I'm really confused as to
how should I install the library to make it simply work, so I again just
copied all files from "include/vsxu/*/" to "include/vsxu/" .

Unfortunately, after it built, I still get a black rectangle while a
song is playing. The Amarok logo is displayed when playback is stopped.

     Konrad