Added support for Visualizations using VSXu

Konrad Zemek konrad.zemek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:50:50 UTC 2013

On 10.09.2013 13:22, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Dinesh <saidinesh5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Finally done adding support for Visualizations using VSXu.(!!!)
>>
>> In order to test this out,
>> first install a patched version of VSXu from the branch amarok-fixes from:
>> https://github.com/vovoid/vsxu/tree/amarok-fixes
>>
>> Then compile the branch: vsxu from:
>> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=clones%2Famarok%2Fdineshm%2Famarok-vsxu.git
>>
>> Or simply apply these patches on top of Amarok master.
>> Amarok should automatically search for libvsxu and enable the vsxu plugin at
>> compile time.
> Yesterday I spent a couple of hours with Dinesh trying getting this
> working. There were a couple of build issues we had to iron out first.
> When I got it to build, I was running into another issue: The VSXu
> applet was just showing a black square on my box, no matter what was
> playing. We could not figure out what's wrong yet (could be an issue
> with my Intel driver, or something else).
>
> If any of you folks want to try it too, that would be great, so we can
> see if the problem is reproducible elsewhere. If you have any build
> issues we can help.

My experience is very much the same.

I had problems with FindVSXU.cmake; I cry your pardon if you already
resolved these. First, it searches for vsxu_platform.h and I believe
that should be vsx_platform.h . Second, my includes/vsxu directory has
subdirectories in it, so e.g. "#include <vsx_manager.h>" causes a
compilation error, because the header is not *directly* in the directory
found by CMake.

After I compiled, I get a black square when something is playing. FWIW,
I'm using nVidia proprietary drivers.

     Konrad