Added support for Visualizations using VSXu

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Sep 10 11:22:49 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Dinesh <saidinesh5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Finally done adding support for Visualizations using VSXu.(!!!)
>
> In order to test this out,
> first install a patched version of VSXu from the branch amarok-fixes from:
> https://github.com/vovoid/vsxu/tree/amarok-fixes
>
> Then compile the branch: vsxu from:
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=clones%2Famarok%2Fdineshm%2Famarok-vsxu.git
>
> Or simply apply these patches on top of Amarok master.
> Amarok should automatically search for libvsxu and enable the vsxu plugin at
> compile time.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours with Dinesh trying getting this
working. There were a couple of build issues we had to iron out first.
When I got it to build, I was running into another issue: The VSXu
applet was just showing a black square on my box, no matter what was
playing. We could not figure out what's wrong yet (could be an issue
with my Intel driver, or something else).

If any of you folks want to try it too, that would be great, so we can
see if the problem is reproducible elsewhere. If you have any build
issues we can help.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer