Changes in GMock

Konrad Zemek konrad.zemek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 09:13:27 UTC 2013

2013/10/1 Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>:

> While this is a convenient solution, distro packagers generally frown
> on bundling libraries with applications. With "frown" I mean the
> package won't be accepted at all if they learn about it. (For security
> reasons mostly, and generally because it's a packager's nightmare).

Well, we already do that with libmp3tunes.

I think that depending on *buntu packages is the /worst/ solution
(even worse than making users manage it themselves), because,
as I stated before, it's a solution locked to a single distro family.
googlemock is not shipped at all by Suse, Arch, ... . I would imagine
that the expectation in these distros is exactly that source packages
would provide their own googlemock, since they have to compile
it anyway.

The above means: we can't rely on packagers to provide us with the
library, and we have to get it from somewhere.