Handling of lyrics for tracks not in the Local Collection

Chinmay Bapat cdbapat92 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 09:47:12 UTC 2013

>The collection is there for a reason: to show what the user has. It
>makes little to no sense to start handling tracks that are not in the
>collection, if the users has them they should be added to the
>collection first.

But I can add a song to the current playlist by say drag-dropping it from a
file browser, even if it is not in the collection. I can edit the Artist
etc. tags for the track. A user might not know that the lyrics are not
saved in the tags but in the db. If he tries to save the lyrics shouldn't
he be see an error that they cannot be saved if the track is not in the
collection? Otherwise he would have no way to figure out why he can edit
the Artist but not the lyrics, and the saving fails without any error.