GSoC Application Review

Anmol Ahuja darthcodus at gmail.com
Wed May 1 12:01:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Anmol Ahuja <darthcodus at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >       - Synchronization Job
>>
>> Do you mean statistics synchronization? Perhaps even more useful would be
>> expose "Track matching job" is some way.
>
> Okay, I'll include Track matching job in the next revision. The
> SynchronizationJob is for playlist synchronization and stuff, though
> admittedly I'm not too familiar with that part of Amarok.

Sorry, realized i don't really need Synchronization jobs.

Isn't this already done by MetaTypeExporter::setImageUrl()?

> It's not yet implemented.

It's been implemented, I must have missed it.

>> The proposal looks rather well, please take the GUI Scripting Creator out
>> of
>> the proposal (remember, you can work on anything you like after the GSoC
>> ;) ),
>>

> Can I move Script Creator to the bottom of the priority list? I won't
> waste too many lines of the proposal on it either.

Removing Script Creator from the proposal.  Instead of improving the
existing Script Console, can I make another script console in Qt instead of
QtScript? Then we can use KTextEditor for fancy auto-complete features and
stuff instead of reinventing the wheel. Exposing widgets through QtScript
doesn't seem like a good idea.