About GSoC 2013

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Mar 29 20:39:19 UTC 2013

Hi Marco,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 6:40 PM, 2_b_2 at libero.it <2_b_2 at libero.it> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm Marco Ribero, an italian student and I'm following the third year of
> computer engineering at polytechnic of Turin. I'm writing you this letter
> because I'm interested in GSoC program, and when I read GSoC ideas on the KDE
> webpage, i found interesting the proposal about tag guessing.
> Why?Because I’ve a large music collection (less then 100GB) and at the
> beginning, I found only two program very useful: winamp for adjust ID3 tag, and
> mp3tagPro for add lyrics(I'm Italian, and it's comfortable the possibility of
> read text when you don't understand completely the song,and it's also an
> opportunity for improve my language), while open source/free program didn't
> offer these feature..
> I think that it could be a nice thing if I could improve amarok for manage
> large collection.
> I've a good knowledge of C++ and vb.net, and a discrete knowledge about java
> and python. I've also capacity with asp.net and php,but the graphics is not my
> favourite
> I know that for this project i must improve my knwledge about qt,but I have to
> study it however for future jobs.
> I'll be very thankful with you if you give me this possibility, and I ask you
> to tell me what I should do to discuss more about this project

Thank you for your request. Since KDE has only just submitted their
application to participate as an organization, please make sure you
read our coding introduction documentation here:

http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Develoment/join

Build Amarok from source and start working on either a Junior Job:

http://tinyurl.com/amarokjuniorjobs

Or any of the bugs listed here:

http://tinyurl.com/OpenAmarokBugs

Since there are only a few GSoC tasks and many applicants, we ask all
the potential students to show us some code, which will make choosing
the best applicants easier.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org