About GSoC 2013

2_b_2 at libero.it 2_b_2 at libero.it
Fri Mar 29 17:40:07 UTC 2013

Hello,
I'm Marco Ribero, an italian student and I'm following the third year of
computer engineering at polytechnic of Turin. I'm writing you this letter
because I'm interested in GSoC program, and when I read GSoC ideas on the KDE
webpage, i found interesting the proposal about tag guessing.
Why?Because I’ve a large music collection (less then 100GB) and at the
beginning, I found only two program very useful: winamp for adjust ID3 tag, and
mp3tagPro for add lyrics(I'm Italian, and it's comfortable the possibility of
read text when you don't understand completely the song,and it's also an
opportunity for improve my language), while open source/free program didn't
offer these feature..
I think that it could be a nice thing if I could improve amarok for manage
large collection.
I've a good knowledge of C++ and vb.net, and a discrete knowledge about java
and python. I've also capacity with asp.net and php,but the graphics is not my
favourite
I know that for this project i must improve my knwledge about qt,but I have to
study it however for future jobs.
I'll be very thankful with you if you give me this possibility, and I ask you
to tell me what I should do to discuss more about this project

Sorry for my English not drinkable, and thank you for ur time,
Marco Ribero