GSoC application review - reimplementing personal metadata importers

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:10:09 UTC 2013

I really like the idea of having an importer/exporter so I can see ratings
in other media players.

Up to now, I've been using a program I wrote myself, that stores the amarok
rating as an id3 Comment (Good, Fair, Very Good, Poor, etc) which is
(compatible with | a relic from) Musicmatch Jukebox. I guess I had to write
something like this when I first moved to Amarok. What I like about this
scheme is that I can see what my preference is in ALL players, even those
that have no concept of a preference or a rating...

But periodically, I need to do a sync of my amarok ratings over to this
tagging scheme, or vice versa...

I'll be interested to see the APIs you have chosen. I wonder how easy it
would be for me to add my own scheme to your framework.

Regards --Alan