My MTP collection GSoC project, 2.8 release planning

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sat Jun 15 22:13:11 UTC 2013

Hi Myriam and fellow Amarok devs,
this is a reminder to let you know that I won't have access to my development
environment during the next week, as I've said in my GSoC proposal.

While I've already began experimenting with my new S III mini Android phone
and Amarok, this means that my first GSoC work and report will arrive a bit
late, sometime in the 2nd week. (other students: please be better than me!) I
should be able to tersely answer mails from the said device during my week off.

Another thing is 2.8 planning - I'll be happy to be the release guy again,
although my off time will be a minor setback. I'd like to release 2.8 Beta on
the edge of June/July, so please start slowly transitioning into bugfixing
mode. What is certain that I won't manage to add iPod podcasts into 2.8, but I
think I'll be able to push a couple of bugfixes before releasing the beta.

I wasn't able to dedicate as much time to Amarok development lately as I used
to do, due to (pleasant) events in my real life. I'm sorry if your review has
been stuck for too long, your query wasn't replied etc. This won't affect my
GSoC commitments.

Regards,
	Matěj