Please subscribe to http://fisheye.amarok.kde.org/

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Sat Jun 1 10:11:35 UTC 2013

On 1. 6. 2013 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>>> Please all, subscribe to http://fisheye.amarok.kde.org/ with your
>>> developer mail address.
>>
>> What is it good for? Some decision made without being discussed on the ML?
>
> Yes, it's a tool for making decisions without discussing on the ML. Very
> useful!
>
> PS:
> What it really is: Fisheye is an excellent code browser that we have
> used in the past on Kollide. Crucible is a code review tool that we
> can evaluate. Both are from Atlassian, makers of web-based development
> tools that are often considered the best in their class. Myriam took
> the effort to get a free license from Atlassian for us, last night.
> Don't be so uptight, Matej

Oh, good, fine then, thanks Myriam for taking care to set it up.

Nice code browser can never hurt, I was only confused by the request the we
should all subscribe, it seemed to be like an indication that it is somehow
supposed to be included in our development workflow.

We can evaluate Crucible on some example patch (perhaps next iteration of
Edward's NepomukCollection one?), but other than that I don't think it should
be advertised as anything official. (hopefully everybody recalls Edward's and
Sven's mails about decisions being made on IRC negative effects it causes)

	Matěj