GSOC 2013

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Feb 12 11:51:56 UTC 2013

Hi Claudio,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Claudio Canella <canellac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Google announced GSOC yesterday and so I wanted to ask if the Amarok Project
> plans to join Google Summer of Code this year, because I would like to join
> amarok and
> thought it would be a good idea to do this through GSOC.
>
> I would be thankful for any information.

We certainly will, but so far we don't have any concrete projects yet.
I suggest you already get familiar with Amarok by reading the
documents listed in http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Join,
as well as build Amarok locally following this blog post:
http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2009/09/compiling-amarok-from-git-locally-full-summary/
Please focus on getting familiar with the architecture and overall
organisation of Amarok in particular, as well as the planned changes
listed in the Randa discussions 2012:
http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development#Development_Information

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org