Failed to create secure directory (/run/user/1000/pulse): Permission denied, external mysql difficulties

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 13:00:35 UTC 2013

Concerning /run/user/1000/pulse,

There's a KDE issue (don't remember which version it affected) where
/run/user/${ID}/pulse would wrongly be set up with root:root permissions,
so your audio wouldn't work.

Just do a chown on that directory and you'll be good to go.

--
Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable events
occur with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no one is given