GSoC application review - reimplementing personal metadata importers

Konrad Zemek konrad.zemek at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 23:33:57 UTC 2013

On 29.04.2013 00:58, Matěj Laitl wrote:
> On 24. 4. 2013 Konrad Zemek wrote:
>>       September 09 - 15:
>>           Implementing two-way synchronization for remaining importers.
>>       September 16 - 22:
>>           Ironing out bugs, writing remaining tests. Cushion period in
>>           case of delays.
>>       September 23 - 29: FINAL EVALUATION
>>           Ironing out bugs, writing remaining tests. Cushion period in
>>           case of delays. Submitting work for final evaluation
> Please be aware of the fact that Sep 23 is the "firm pencils-down" date, so a
> cushion week 23 - 29 is actually a bit late. As Sep 16 is the "suggested
> pencils-down" date, it may have sense to target having all the work incl.
> tests done by that date.

Oh, thanks for catching that! Indeed, I got a bit ahead of myself. I
think that's the effect of "Tentative Timeline (in weekly intervals
until 2 weeks after the end of GSoC)" section in KDE GSoC template; in
this case, would it be two weeks after September 16 or September 23? I
guess I can plan to finish up on soft goals after the firm pencils-down
date. I'll "compress" the timeline later today.

> [this year's GSoC seems about 3 weeks longer than previous ones, am I right?]

It's the first time I'm participating, can't help you on this. :-) I'm
going to use this occasion to reply to your other email, as I don't
think this deserves a separate message for itself:

> Konrad, you may be actually more experienced programmer than many of us (e.g.
> me, hehe), but we'd still love to show/teach you specifics of F/LOSS.

I'm eager to learn!

> 	Matěj

     Konrad