2 New Amarok GSoC Ideas Added, Take a Look!

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Tue Apr 16 23:32:08 UTC 2013

Hi potential GSoC participants,
if you're interested in making Amarok rock even harder through upcoming Google
Summer of Code, I propose you take a look at 2 new project ideas
 * Revamping Amarok Scripting Interface
 * Unified CUE File and Audiobook Chapter Support in Amarok

that have been added to the existing ones that you should check too:
 * Reimplement Amarok 1.4/iTunes import on top of Statistics Synchronization
and add more synchronization targets
 * Rewrite Audio CD Collection so that it doesn't use deprecated technologies
 * Improving and modularizing tag guessing

http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2013/Ideas#Amarok

You are of course free to submit a project based on your own idea. In this
case it is however advisable to discuss it first on amarok-devel to make sure
it aligns with Amarok goals and future plans. You may also have a look at
ideas from the least year that didn't materialize.

GSoC rules allow you to submit more than one proposal (even to different
mentoring organizations), but be assured that we value quality more than
quantity. On the other hand, having a couple of patches accepted to Amarok
should help your application even more than a masterfully crafted proposal
(well-done proposal still needed).

P.S.: If you now have a temptation to hit "Reply" right now and say "Cool, I
want $topic plz tell me wut 2 do", please read
https://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2013/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-summer-of-code-student/ first. :-)

Good luck,
		Matěj