Regarding GSOC project

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Apr 16 06:21:14 UTC 2013

Hi Abhay,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Abhay Sombanshi
<abhaysombanshi92 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I hung around the amarok mailing list for a few days. I've downloaded amarok from git and compiled it.
> I am focused to work upon the project "re-implementation of Amarok1.4/i-Tunes import on top of statistics synchronization", in particular I would love to apply for GSoC as well.
>
> So far i've understood Amarok statsyncing framework and how i-tunes stores its metadata.
>
> I have worked on Qt-Creator, and have basic understanding of git and some understanding of multi-threading, as well.
> My current knowledge subset pertains to C++, databases(SQL)
>
> But as dived a little deep into the code of amarok, I got a bit perturbed in understanding the function of some classes.
> As there are few days left and I want to work specifically upon this project, how should i proceed with the code ?
>
> Someone suggested me to solve bugs.
> Would it be a good option to start solving a bug and get a little familiarity with the code ?
> If yes, then please suggest me a junior job which I can take up.

Well, that is entirely up to you which Junior Job you want to work on,
help yourself: http://tinyurl.com/amarokjjs

Also please make sure you have read all the documentation linked to
from here: http://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Join

Some of my fellow Amarok Team member suggested that my latest blog
post might also be a good read for aspiring GSoC students:
http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2013/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-summer-of-code-student/

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org