Amarok and system suspend behaviour

Edward Toroshchin edward.hades at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 13:04:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 02:45:45PM +0200, Matěj Laitl wrote:
> That's right, however our intended audience won't be probably doing `echo mem
> > /sys/power/state`, much more likely they'll be using Solid-aware means of
> (automatically) suspending provided by their DE.

Yeah, but (correct me if I'm wrong) pressing a "sleep" or "power" button
(if so configured) would still be manual sleeping, would it not?

Or even using Solid-aware means of manual suspending provided by their
DE.

> The simple reason is that suspending should be transparent to
> applications, i.e.

"To applications", exactly. This becomes valid once Firefox starts
listening to the music as well :)

> the ultimate reason to suspend (as opposed to poweroff) is IMO to
> preserve the desktop state.

True, but you never know when the circumstances similar to mentioned in
the first of the above discussed bugs might arise.

I don't have any personal reason to support either option, though (my
music listening habits do not involve notebook speakers). So I would
leave this at your discretion.

--
Edward "Hades" Toroshchin
dr_lepper on irc.freenode.org