Authorship

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Sun Sep 23 09:07:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey...
>
> Sorry if this topic wasn't one to joke about, yesterday night I was told of
> the tensions going on because of the changes and it seemed that a little
> joke will chill the environment a little bit.
>
> If you take a look at the year (2020) or at few words (rey means king) it is
> clearly seen that I wasn't trying to actually claim any real authorship but
> rather only joke around.
>
> Anyway, please have my deepest excuses if I had offended anyone with it,
> wasn't my intention and accept a beer and my apologies in compensation.
>
> Cheerz.

Hehe ,we were sort of thinking that looking at the various clues
around.To bad, we were hoping to pull you in as a contributor. Feel
free to join us in the meetings when you have time anyway. First one
starts at 11:00, architecture is in the afternoon. In any case you owe
us beers!

Sparking a discussion about what authorship means is not a bad thing
though. We'll certainly discuss it among the people here in Randa,
trying to keep the arguments from those who could not join in mind.

But unilaterally deciding to move someone from the authors list
without prior discussion is not nice to say the least. I won't add
fuel to the fire by immediately reverting it. We asked Mark how he
feels about moving to the contributors list, noticed he did do a
release this year and decided to keep him in.