Tomahawk Integration Status

Lucas Lira Gomes x8lucas8x at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 02:56:20 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

as the only GSoC project that isn't yet fully finished, I believe that I
owe you an explanation about its current status. I had worked a lot in it
this weekend and got several things done.

To begin with, Libtomahawk often slows down my plans with some unexpected
but necessary last-minute refactoring. At the moment, for instance, I'm
solving some problems with tomahawk's #defines mess. After that, I expect
it to be "ready" for third-party usage.

Likewise, It worth to mention that I had worked hard to
minimise unnecessary dependencies and that was one of the things that
delayed my original scheduled even more. That means, considering current
implementation, we'll need to include libechonest, libattica and quazip
among our own dependencies.

With regard to how libtomahawk will be shipped, It'll be like our
amaroklibs. In other words, the user/packager would be able to choose at
compile time if he/she want to build only libtomahawk or the full tomahawk
app. Furthermore, Its headers files are already installed, so it'll be just
as an ordinary shared library at the end.

In spite of that, I believe I'm getting closer to a satisfactory state.
 Just need some more work.

So, that's all. Feel free to ask about anything you want to.

Regards, Lucas Lira Gomes.

Lucas Lira Gomes (llg)
Linux User #533002
Tel.: (81) 9235-0916