Release plan

Matěj Laitl matej at laitl.cz
Fri Nov 9 13:15:11 UTC 2012

On 9. 11. 2012 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was a bit surprise to see that tagging is set to Sunday on our
> calendar, without even a feature and string freeze beforehand.
>
> SO we should do the following:
>
> Feature freeze in the next few days, not sure Sunday is really doable,
> as Matěj still has to merge his GSoC, and SPotify is not in master yet
> either.
>
> * What happened to the plans for Tomahawk? Lucas, we are waiting for
> your feedback! Please respond, we are missing you!
>
> New schedule suggestion:
>
> Beta tagging (+feature and string freeze) November 12 (next Monday)
> Beta release one week later, e.g. Nomvember 27 (coincides with the
> start of Google Code-In)

We don't really need a beta tagging in advance of the beta release, plus I'd
really like to push the string freeze further (because some bugfixes are hard
in string freeze), so I'll most probably just tag an release beta on Nov 27.

But please do switch to bugfixing mode by the middle of November, so that the
beta -> final period can be rather smooth. :-)

> Final tagging: December 14 (Friday)
> Final release: December 21 (Friday)
>
> So we have a Christmas present for our users :)

Otherwise I agree.

	Matěj