GSoC project report: Integrate Spotify into Amarok

Ryan Feng odayfans at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:30:58 UTC 2012

Hi,
My name is Zhengliang Feng, I'm from China, and currently studying in the
US. This is my first report of the Google Summer of Code project 'Integrate
Spotify into Amarok'[1].  My mentor is Bart Cerneels.

The main goal of my project is to integrate Spotify service into Amarok as
a plugin, so users can login, access to their playlist, and stream tracks
on Spotify in Amarok. The additional goal is make Spotify radio
service usable in Amarok.

Currently I'm trying to get Amarok running on Mac OS X, just to get
familiar with the codebase, but unfortunately some dependencies in Macports
are too old and there is much work to do with KDE and Qt port on OS X.

Since the coding period has already started, so I would write some demo
code with libspotify[2] and Qt next week.

[1]
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/ofan/1
[2] https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/

Thanks,