GSoC 2012 : Improvised proposal for 'Semantic Collection for Amarok'

Phalgun Guduthur phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:03:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Teo Mrnjavac <teo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 18:25, Phalgun Guduthur
> <phalgun.guduthur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have been working towards the 2012 GSoC idea 'Semantic Collection for
> > Amarok' since a month now. I have already sent in my first rough draft of
> > the proposal.
> >
> > At that time, I promised a proof of Concept and you can it submitted on
> the
> > review board https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104369/
> >
> > It is a small patch demonstrating the read and write of Nepomuk index
> > through Amarok.
> >
> > I have also attached my improvised proposal after interactions with both
> the
> > mentors Teo and Vishesh.
> >
> > Please review my proposal whenever you find time. Any feedback is
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Phalgun
>
> Hello,
>
> When I read "Improvised" I was a bit worried for a moment ;)
> Overall the proposal is pretty good. I'd still like it if you could
> think about the timeline a bit more. I'm not sure you can complete the
> NepomukCollection before the NepomukQueryMaker. A bit more clarity in
> the timeline could go a long way in convincing the team that you
> understand the problem thoroughly.
>
> The proof of concept looks good, simple and to the point.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Teo

Well, there were a few additions in the proposal, hence 'improvised' ;)

Just two questions,

1) Is my timeline good w.r.t granularity? Should I be more specific. I'm
already worried that my proposal is lengthy.

2) Can you please be a little more elaborate on why NepomukCollection it
can't be completed before NepomukQueryMaker?

I was afraid the proof of concept would be deemed too simple. Glad you find
it good enough.

Cheers
Phalgun