[GSoC Ideas]About writting unit tests

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Sun Mar 25 15:09:21 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 15:42, Veaceslav Munteanu <slavuttici at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, my name is  Veaceslav Munteanu and I'm year 2 student at Polytechnic
> University from Bucharest.
>
> I wrote this message to devel-list, but no one replied, so I decided to
> write you personally :)
>
> I'm interested into writting unit tests for Amarok.
>
> Can you please provide me with more info about this task(how many tests I'm
> must write, for which part of the program, another things that I should take
> care ...)
>
> I want to mention that I have some experience with C++, Qt and KDE Libs.
> I still have no experience with writting tests but, I strongly believe that
> kde must be more stable and thats why I'm very motivated to make it so.
>
> Last summer I worked for digikam(not at GSoC) and plugin FlashExport was
> refactored and improved by me:
>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/repository/revisions/master/show/flashexport
>
> Thanks

Hello Veaceslav,

Thanks for contacting us. What you would need to do is check out
Amarok's code and evaluate current test coverage. Based on that, we
would like if you could come up with your own proposal on which and
how many tests you can do. We would of course like as many as possible
for all of Amarok. Familiarity with gmock would be a big plus for
this.

Cheers,
--
Teo