Amarok totally broken since yesterday's commits

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Thu Jun 7 07:44:34 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

folks, something is going totally wrong here, the Collection Browser
has become totally unusable:

- impossible to see anything but in the Merged View: the space below
the header when unfolded briefly flashes up and disappears
- all album and track related options are either gone or grayed out as
if the tracks were not there anymore:
 * all album related options in the context menu are gone
 * Edit track details show everything grayed out

We are in beta testing, please do NOT break Amarok to a point it
becomes unusable.

Please, test EVERYTHING repeatedly before committing and ask it to be
tested by others, such things are not allowed to happen in beta stage.

Please postpone ANY code cleanup or removal to post 2.6, the risk is
just too high right now. Do only what really needs to be done to get
2.6 in shape for release.

We need to look into that Magnatune Xml memory leak, it is really
giant and fully reproducible, see also Harald's paste in the devel
channel yesterday.

Harald: please mail us your valgrind findings so we can actually all
have a look, the backlog of a channel is not optimal to find stuff.

Valo
http://www.fsfe.org