GSoC Report: Integrate Spotify into Amarok

Ryan Feng odayfans at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 21:28:33 UTC 2012

Hi all,

   Last week I've been working on the configuration plug-in for
Spotify collection, and it's still working in progress. I have also
spent some time looking back at the SpotifyCollection and
SpotifyQueryMaker implementation, and tried to improve the stability
of querying. Current implementation is based on MemoryCollection and
MemoryQueryMaker, it caches a lot stuff including `title`, `artist`,
`genre`, `year` and even `labels`, since only the first three tags are
often used, so next week I will continue working on the configuration
part and rewriting SpotifyCollection & SpotifyQueryMaker.

   Currently I have a problem about the configuration plug-in for
Spotify collection, I've done the coding work, the KCModule is
registered correctly( checked by ktraderclient ), but the
configuration button won't show up in the plugin configuration dialog,
so it will be nice if someone could grab the source[1] and take a look
what's maybe wrong.

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=clones%2Famarok%2Fzhengliangfeng%2Famarok-spotify.git&a=shortlog&h=refs/heads/gsoc-spotify

Cheers,
Ryan